1. To foster and promote minor hockey in the Gander area by GMHA.
2. To give children, both male and female, regardless of race, creed or social status, an equal opportunity to play hockey as a wholesome and healthy recreational activity under conditions which teach and promote the principles of good citizenship, sportsmanship, pure competitiveness and fair play, in an effort to assist the child to obtain a healthy and productive life.
3. To give as many children, both male and female, in the area served by the GMHA an opportunity to play hockey.
4. To maintain and ensure the enforcement of the rules of Hockey Newfoundland and Labrador (HNL) and Hockey Canada.
5. To protect the mutual interests of its members.
6. To attempt to recruit the best coaches, volunteers and staff available so that all parents, children, officials and staff involved with GMHA conduct themselves in a manner that promotes and supports the best interests of the players.